The Dallas Mavericks listed a Mavs Gaming “Event Manager” job online (via TeamWorkOnline):
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for personal relationships and sales to be directly responsible for event planning and partnerships for the Mavs gaming event space in Dallas.
This position will be primarily responsible for strategic relationships, development, and execution of the overall event strategy and the opportunities in the local market and international arena. The ideal candidate is creative, inspiring, and has a proven track record of success in sales.
- Responsible for all event planning, partnerships, and opportunities
- Work closely with Esports management to formulate strategies for the local and global gaming market
- Deliver the Dallas local community with an attractive environment to host corporate events and Esports focused events
- Work closely with internal cross-functional business teams, brand, digital and marketing teams as well as external partners to ensure success of the event initiative.
- Strong local market focus, with the ability to execute Esports strategies.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or related field from a four-year college or university, or 5+ years’ experience in Sales
- Passionate and engaging sales minded individual with a knack for building relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in event planning
- Deep comprehension of the various components that make up event coordination and conversationally adept in them, including selling event space, coordinating with potential partners, and planning.We are looking for a person who is:
- Progressive and has the “never give up” attitude regardless of success or failures.
- Positively collaborative with others and enjoys brainstorming with team members.
- A Macro and Micro thinker who has the ability to put time a care into the small daily tasks around gaming and the big picture aspects of the program.
- Honest and direct so that regardless of the resolution, ensures personal relationships remain unscathed.
- Data-minded with an analytical mindset that helps translate raw data into exciting and meaningful information that supports your marketing strategy.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.