The Los Angeles Lakers, one of four NBA franchises to join the NBA 2K League as an expansion team for the 2019 season, listed an eSports Operations Manager job online.
Position Summary: The Esports Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in supporting and managing Lakers Gaming for the NBA 2K eLeague team. This position will be instrumental in overseeing the programming, designing, planning, and execution of the business operations to generate a resilient marketing presence, a strong fan base, and new business revenue.It will coordinate all elements involved in competitive gameplay to maximize player performance individually and collectively as a team, including practices, development plans, and training schedules. Furthermore, it will work in conjunction with the Corporate Partnerships Department to fulfill all esports contractual obligations.Key metrics used to evaluate performance:
· Digital Sponsorship Dollars· Digital Viewership· Digital Reach & Engagement NumbersEssential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
· Collaborate with cross-functional departments to strategize effective measures to build and grow Lakers gaming audience· Spearhead the development and execution of the Lakers esports vision, while emerging strategies to promote a prominent brand presence and drive organizational revenue· Act as a Team Manager and facilitate all operations and logistics, including practices, training, scrimmages, events, appearances, and travel· Help create and foster a winning culture by constantly monitoring the team’s performance and developing player assessments and development plans, utilizing opponent evaluations, scouting reports, and other related data· Regulate the esports arena to warrant a team-oriented atmosphere and an overall preeminent experience· Represent the Lakers as the primary league contact for internal and external partners, while managing all communication, reporting, and executed best practices· Work in conjunction with the Corporate Partnerships Department to identify esports revenue-generating opportunities, as well as serve as an account manager to fulfill all contractual obligations.· Have a flexible schedule to be on call and willingness to be readily accessible**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.Education (Required/ preferred): Bachelor’s degree (required) in marketing or communications (preferred)Previous experience:
· A minimum of five (5) years working in marketing· A minimum of two (2) years managing a department· Past experience in sports or entertainment (required)· Previous experience in esports and gaming (required)Technology Capabilities:
· Thorough understanding of NBA 2K and gaming technology· Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Windows)Knowledge, skills, abilities:
· Have a strong understanding and experience of esports and gaming· Thorough knowledge of digital media (social and streaming) and the ability to influence social followers· Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in diverse teams· Collaborative with strong leadership skills to interact with senior management, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties with the ability to influence without formal authority· A proven track record of proactively identifying key eSports strategies, while anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization· Have a passion for gaming with a solid knowledge of the NBA2K franchise· Demonstrated ability to manage a team and deliver results, while managing priorities and deadlinesWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(via TeamWork Online
2 thoughts on “Lakers List “eSports Operations Manager” Job”