The Golden State Warriors are seeking an Esports Partnerships Manager:
About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a creative and passionate manager to generate sponsorship revenue and develop detailed activation plans for the burgeoning Esports franchises affiliated with the Warriors organization. In this role, you will implement strategies to grow contractual assets among current sponsors to increase overall Esports sponsorship revenue. To be successful, you should have previous business development and revenue generation experience within Esports, gaming, and digital verticals along with a proven track record of exceeding sales goals.
Do you strive to build something new? If so, then we want to talk to you! This is an exciting opportunity to share your expertise and knowledge within a growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drive for results.
This is a full-time position and is based in Oakland, CA.
- Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals as assigned and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorship packages across multiple Esports properties, including: Golden Guardians (LoL NALCS), Warriors Gaming Squad (NBA 2K), and additional properties to be determined
- Build corporate partnership relationships and generate revenue by executing against short-term and long-term strategic sponsorship sales plans
- Continuously drive new business relationships and increase revenue by presenting innovative proposals and ensure positive customer satisfaction
- Lead sales meetings and perform pitch presentations on a regular basis; represent the organization’s best interests in partner contract negotiations with input from cross functional internal and external team members
- Research, identify and track sponsorship prospects and organizations, regionally and nationally within key industries to prospect for partnership opportunities
- Collaborate with respective Esports team management and other representatives and affiliated Esports project team members to ensure fulfillment of client deliverables
- Provide weekly reporting and communication of various sales related metrics including pipeline generation, account status, revenue and quota attainment status, and relevant sponsor interaction
- Fulfill all Esports partnership agreements by acting as the main point of contact and collaborating with various departments to execute all corporate partner deliverables
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in sales and business development for a game publisher, Esports league or franchise, Esports agency or digital media and entertainment company
- Demonstrated a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Experience developing engaging and impactful pitches and presentations, promotional campaigns, and proposals
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to collaborate, influence and cultivate relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Demonstrated business acumen including but not limited to: contract negotiation, strategic relationship building, campaign measurement data and analytics; creative thinking and problem solving.
- Strong internal drive and work ethic; willing to go above and beyond to deliver for the organization
- Strong understanding of the Esports space
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, social media and digital space
(via TeamWork Online https://www.teamworkonline.com/basketball-jobs/warriors/golden-state-warriors-careers/sponsorship-sales—activation/manager-esports-partnerships-1942497)